Technique Tuesday: Bumping Summer Retail Sales
- Revenue bump from additional sales
- Increases awareness of our stores among the public who don’t shop us regularly
- Increased awareness means more shoppers at our stores later in the season
- Team building between staff and management working the tent sale
Pulling off a tent sale quickly – we planned and executed this sale in a two-week window – requires extra effort from managers and staff, and has some costs associated with it.
- $1,200 tent rental, but worth it to keep the weather from being a factor
- Metal fencing around the area and a staffed trailer on site overnight for security
- Quality products on hand and back-stocked so every day there are good buys
- Treats for staff working the sale – coffee and donuts in the morning, popsicles in the afternoon and lots of cold water all day
This isn’t the only method for goosing revenue and increasing awareness and we’d love to learn your strategies for responding to slow periods.
Check our video on Facebook for more:
Posted by Cascade Alliance on Tuesday, July 3, 2018